My readers who are not also bloggers may not realize that WordPress, the web platform upon which this blog is built and maintained, provides blog authors with considerable information about how readers find our blogs, which posts they’re reading, and which parts of the world they are from. If you’re using your blog to market a service or business, this information can be very useful, indeed. For the rest of us, it’s just interesting and, occasionally, amusing.
My personal favorite is the section that tells us which search terms, in Google or Bing or some other search engine, deposited readers on our metaphorical doorstep. Sometimes these are logical — the search term “broken-hearted” keeps my post entitled “broken-hearted little girl” near the top of all my posts in terms of number of times read, although my “worst. sex. ever.” post is closing in fast, thanks to the searched phrase “worst sex ever”. Apparently a lot of people out there are having really bad sex and turning to the internet for comfort….
Some more of my all-time favorites, just for fun, along with my editorial comments:
1. kitchen girls (Sounds like an all-girl band from the 1980’s, with teased hair and leopard-patterned mini-skirts.)
2. sex with her was the worst ever, and guy I loved said I was the worst sex ever (Ya gotta wonder if these two Googlers are talking about the same experience… One word: Ouch.)
3. bad karma, small penis (Damn. That’s a double whammy right there. My condolences.)
4. gait boobs sex pic (Wow. Sorry to disappoint, searcher. I’m not sure what you were looking for, but I’m pretty sure it’s not on my blog.)
5. joan rivers has an odd gait (True, perhaps, but is it precarious?)
6. sexy kitchen (What exactly makes a kitchen sexy, anyway? I used to be an interior designer and I never had a client ask for a sexy kitchen. Hmmm….)
7. love is messy any comment? (Why yes, in fact, I have a whole blog post written on this topic. Right this way….)
8. woman for a day (Glad to know that I’m reaching the transgendered niche. Welcome!)
9. duct tape mouth (Three different people searched for this. THREE. Seriously? Am I missing something?)
10. dumb guy walking away from girl (That about sums up perhaps half of my posts. Well done.)
11. elvis birthday cake designs (Okay, the only valid excuse for this one is a White Trash theme party. Honestly, people, in the name of all that is good and holy, doesn’t the man deserve to rest in peace without having “Happy Birthday Jolene” written in cheap gel frosting across his forehead? Enough already!)
12. don’t trust a man with a suitcase (A suitcase? Really? This is a new one to me. A wedding ring, sure. A penis-compensation vehicle, absolutely. But a suitcase?)
13. women are my blessing and my curse (Yes, they are. Get over it or date men.)
14. bossy woman quotes (Excuse me? I am not bossy! Okay, maybe a little. Sometimes. Oh, alright, I am.)
15. what is meant by crickets and tumbleweeds in dis bitch (Tsk, tsk. No need to resort to calling me names. Besides, my blog post explains it, asshat.)
16. jolly good fellow marriage (For some reason, this one always makes me think of Dick Van Dyke tripping over that footrest and bouncing back up. No idea why.)
17. dear god protect my facebook friends (Who needs a priest when you have Google?)
18. couples therapy fake funeral (I’m not sure why you’d have a fake funeral. Sounds painful and gut-wrenching. Kinda like couples therapy. Oh wait, I see the connection now…)
19. ex wives are a nightmare (Maybe so, but a lot of ex-husbands aren’t exactly peaches, either. And that’s why they’re exes….)
And finally, my absolute favorite:
20. i’m sorry i put asians on your wall (No problem. I put Spaniards in your gas tank.)
I mean, really. That’ s just plain awesome.
See, you should get a blog. Just to see what kinds of crazy search terms people come up with. It’s hours of entertainment.
Now, excuse me, but I have to go clean Asians off my wall.