Tomorrow being the designated day of the year when it is most acceptable to openly express gratitude for all our blessings, I thought it might be fun to actually put some of mine on “paper.” So, below are 15 things that I am particularly thankful for lately…
15. The extra helpful and cheerful checkout girl at Whole Foods who solved my last-minute Thanksgiving meal dilemma.
14. My new hand-mixer.
13. A freshly-raked yard that’s ready for the winter.
12. Pumpkin-flavored cream cheese on my morning bagel.
11. This quote from MyJourneyMyRules: “I realize that even though I’m not where I want to be, I’m not where I used to be, and that’s enough for me.”
10. The Harry Potter marathon on the ABC Family channel.
9. The pie-baking lessons I got two years ago from my ex-husband’s friend, a restauranteur.
8. My little house, which, despite being small and having a terribly outdated kitchen, is all mine and getting better all the time.
7. My silly dogs, particular the mini-dachshund that makes me laugh when, because of her ridiculously short legs, my leisurely stroll around the block is her mad sprint.
6. A healthy, productive relationship with my ex-husband and his girlfriend that enables us to make the important upcoming school choices for Sabrina mutually.
5. Friends and extended family who make me feel special and needed and loved each and every day.
4. My mom’s current good health — all four autoimmune disorders quiet at the moment, with a good short-term prognosis for the holiday season.
3. Thanksgiving dinner with a guy I adore more than I want to admit.
2. Holiday songs and decorations with my girls this weekend.
1. Waking up each morning with a smile on my face because, even in my sleep, I know how good my life is.
Happy Thanksgiving to one and all. xo